Different Types of Membership
Full Senior Membership: £20 per month
Student & Unemployed: £15 per month
To set up your membership:
SDS membership: £15 per month
To set up your membership:
The mini & Junior section of the club is open to both boys and girls from 4 to 16 years old. Children can join at any age and no previous rugby experience is necessary. Youth rugby is governed by the rules laid out by the English RFU, in a document called the rugby continuum.
If the age group of your child is training at home (see below for age group help), you can just show up, ready to play (mouth guard obligatory from U9s and older). You can find this information under fixtures. If you are unsure (fields may be flooded or frozen for example), please contact the Admin of your age group or e-mail the mini/junior club administrator. Please bear in mind that all admins are volunteers with other day jobs, so please don’t expect an immediate answer.
Membership rates for 2018/19
Start Rugby: £65 (This includes coaching from CRB checked, qualified volunteer coaches) for children in Reception and Year 1.
Mini & Junior:
- £100 for one child
- £45 for sibling U6 to U16 (including fostered/adopted)
This includes coaching from CRB checked, qualified volunteer coaches, competition fees for club approved tournaments/matches, after match food for home matches, and the right to ballot for international tickets.
Note: If you join the club after 31st December, a discount of 50% is applied to the rates shown above
- login to your child’s GMS account here (gms.rfu.com/gms) or, if you forgot your password, here first: http://www.englandrugby.com/user/password-recovery/
- Click on “summary” on the left
- Click on “buy membership” on the top and follow instructions
- For a sibling, delete cookies and start with 1, selecting the Second child (sibling) membership scheme.
- For a third sibling, delete cookies and start with 1, selecting the third sibling membership scheme.
- If you have not done so in the past, please fill in the RFU_young_player_registration_form (for PDF click here) too and return it by e-mail to our RFU registrar with a photo of your child attached (a picture of the face, small format please). For more information, see below under RFU registration.
- Your child can try three consecutive sessions before you need to commit, however, it means your child cannot participate in any matches or friendlies outside of the Hithercroft sports grounds during that time for insurance reasons.
- Click here to create an account in GMS, the RFU’s database. Fill in the details and purchase a membership. For U6, make sure to select the cheaper U6 start rugby one (no tournament fees to pay).
- If you forget your password, you can reset it here: http://www.englandrugby.com/user/password-recovery/
- If you can’t remember your username or have a question e-mail the youth admin.
A player cannot play matches for Wallingford until they are RFU registered and paid their membership fees, as they will not be covered by the RFU insurance.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact our Mini/Junior Membership Registrar
Once a child is 4 they can join our Start Rugby group. They play tag rugby with an emphasis on fun and friendship. Competitive fixtures are not played at this age.
From the 1st September after their 6th birthday the children join the Under 7 section. From this age group onwards, the squads play friendly fixtures against other local clubs and attend festivals and tournaments. Each year they then move up through the age group. The Under 7s, 8s, 9s, 10s, 11, and 12s together are known as the “Minis” and generally play their fixtures against the same clubs on the same Sunday. Both boys and girls play mini rugby together.
Junior Rugby – Boys Only
From school year 8 (the 1st September after their 12th birthday), boys and girls are no longer allowed to play on the same team. At this age, the boys join the Junior section, which consists of the U13s, U14s, U15s and U16s. The girls play in the Maidens. (See the next section).
Under 6 to Under 16s training takes place on a Sunday morning, with the under 6s & under 7s starting at 10.30am and most other groups starting at 10am. The Maidens train on a Sunday afternoon. The Junior age groups also on a mid week evening. (See individual age groups for more information).
Age group help
STEP 1: RFU REGISTRATION
- Login to your RFU account, or register by clicking here.
- Create a head/shoulders picture of your child in ‘jpg’ format to upload please.
STEP 2: Complete Club Membership
Once you have a RFU registration number, please complete a database entry for each player by clicking here.
STEP 3: Fees
Fees cover insurance, coaching from CRB checked, qualified volunteer coaches, after match food for home matches, and the right to ballot for international tickets.
£40 per year for all Maidens.
Please create a Standing Order for the above fees.
- Eligibility to apply for all home England International matches.
- A Season Ticket giving free entry to all First XV home league games including the match programme.
- Invitation to a complimentary buffet style lunch per season prior to a first XV match.
- Priority booking for all major social and rugby events
Become a Vice President
The cost of being a Vice President is only £10.00 per month by standing order payable on 1st of the month. In order to apply please complete the form below and we will send you further details.
Documents for all Members